Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another dumb crit, and some cool moto photos...




I did the Suisun Criterium the other weekend. I was really looking forward to it after Timpani seemed so easy. I have no idea at this point (well, at any point that i've been racing actually) how to tell w/ any degree of accuracy how i will feel on any given day. I felt like a total slug this time. The course was really tight, only 2 blocks long and a really short block wide. Almost felt like being on the track at one point. I was bummed to hear that Hernandez got all broke the day before...he's a great guy and is really fun to race with. Well...i'm sure he's fun to race with, but i'm not really ever there to participate in his antics as he's usually off the front and i'm buried in the pack. But anyway...i had a teamate in the race, Herve, which was cool. Less than half way in our pack was blown to bits by a 2-man break. I, of course, found myself trying hard to stay in, and got shuffled to the back of the last group, and then dropped completely a few laps from the end as we were getting lapped by the break. Blah. That was that, i changed and got invited to have some food w/ Holly, Mary-Ellen and some others. After a nice breakfast, i headed home and stopped at Infineon to check out the kart and motorcycle road races. I managed to get some cool shots and headed back home, still trying to figure out how to get ready for a damn bike race. Oh yeah, don't forget...if you want to look at the rest of my photos, they're here. Have fun browsing, and buy some pics of yourself if you find 'em!

No comments: