Monday, October 22, 2007

I lasted an hour...


I went out to Livermore on Sat. the 20th to check out one of their cx races. It had been a couple of years since i last raced out there, and this event was at the same place...the lovely Livermore Rodeo Arena. This course ended up being one of the best (for me anyway) that i've raced on in quite a while. It was basically flat, w/ the usual run up the steps of the grandstands in the arena. The LARPD races are pretty small, so they grouped the A's w/ the Masters A's and single speeders, and we all raced the full hour. At the start i got bumped pretty hard by some fool trying to win the race in the first 27meters, but we all made it to the first barriers upright. To them...not over them. A bunch of guys went down and I managed to get by probably 5-6 of them. After that first double, i was on the end of a train of about 10 guys, w/ Snead, Kramer, Mtn Larry and Bodge at the front. To my surprise, i managed to stay w/ them all the way through the first lap, when i overshot a corner and got caught up the course tape and some guys got back by me. I chased for the rest of the race and picked off a couple of guys in the last couple of laps. I was pretty surprised i never got lapped by the leaders, as that usually happens in the 45min masters races i've been doing. I'm not sure exactly where i finished, but i was pretty happy w/ the way i raced, and since this is the location of the District Championships i might be able to have a decent race...if i can stay out of the damn course tape!

No comments: